Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vietnamese Visa ';valid'; if issued in Kunming?

I am teaching in Nanchang and want to visa Vietnam during the Spring Festival.





My guidework states, most catergorically, that a Vietnamese visa MUST be issued in Beijing.





Does anyone know if this is correct ,or would a visa issued In Kunming/Nanning be valid?





Any help or advice would be appreciated





Trevor



Vietnamese Visa ';valid'; if issued in Kunming?


No, your Vietnamese visa need not be issued in Beijing. Visas issued in Nanning and Kunming would work just as well.



BTW, you might also like to note that the train between Kunming and Vietnam is not in operation.



Vietnamese Visa ';valid'; if issued in Kunming?


Ellyse





Thank you for the information re the Vietnamese Visa.





I am having trouble accesesing my e-mails, so I am not sure whether my previous ';thanks'; ever was received by you.





I hope that if I have any more queries regarding my trip you would help me.





Regards





Trevor




I would help if within my ability and knowledge. BTW, you can also get Vietnamese visas in Guangzhou.




Thanks for the information.





As you say the Taiwan earthquake is causing havoc. I know that I am showing my ignorance but in your last e-mail you wrote ';BTW';, what does that stand for?





I have almost decided to put my Kumning trip on hold as the temperature at the moment seems too cold, at 10c and 3c. I want somewhere a little warmer.





An alternative would be to do the tourist loop from Nanchang to Xiamen, Hong Kong, Macau and Hainan, which sounds warm and predictable.





Would you know of any other options that might be open to me, somewhere that is of course warm but is a little different and unusual, somewhere that is not as touristy?





Hope you can help and again thanks





Trevor




BTW is quite common abbreviation for ';by the way';.



I would be visiting relatives near Xiamen around the Spring Festival period, but need to be back in Shanghai on/around 26/2 to meet some friends who%26#39;re dropping by. When would your holiday be? I wouldn%26#39;t mind seeing perhaps a bit of Hainan, or perhaps the Hakka roundhouses near Yongding (in Fujian province) which I missed last time.




Hello Ellyse





My travel plans (as usual) are very flexible.





I am booking a train from Nanchang to Guanzhou on the 27 January and have to return to teaching around the end of February and that is the sum total of my intinerary to date.





I will try to visit Hainan, Hong Kong, Macau, Xiamen and any points in between that sound interesting. However, I am not a, ';it%26#39;s Tueday must be Luxembourg,'; type of traveller, I am more spontaneous or lazy, probably the latter.





How does that fit in with your plans, the Hakkaa roundhouses in Yongding sound ';interesting.';





Regards




I%26#39;ll be in Yangshuo, Guangzhou and then visiting relatives in a village near Xiamen sometime in February, need to be back in Shanghai by around 26/2. You can email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com if you think we could discuss further? :)




Hi Ellyse





I don%26#39;t want to interrupt the discussion of you two, but your topic about the Vietnamese issue is pretty interesting.





Do you know where exactly in Kunming I can get this visa? I heard visas are issued by the office of the Vietnam Airlines (I tried to call, but the number I have seems to be incorrect). And how long does it take until the visa is issued?





Nica




Don%26#39;t worry about interrupting, we%26#39;ve moved our discussion to email already. :)



I haven%26#39;t tried it personally, but I believe there%26#39;s somewhere in the Camellia Hotel in Kunming which would be able to help with Vietnamese visas, it might even be the consulate itself.




Hi Ellyse





Thanks for the tip with the Camellia Hotel. I found their website and contacted them already - we%26#39;ll see what help they can offer me.





Have fun with your vacation ;-)





nica

No comments:

Post a Comment