Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia

Hey all,





Basically I want to travel from Hong Kong to Shenzhen in February 2007 for some shopping.





I%26#39;m living in Australia and this will be my first trip overseas.





Basically, I know you have to obtain a visa to go across the border into Shenzhen. Just wondering where do I obtain one in Australia?





I%26#39;ve never gotten a visa before so I don%26#39;t know the process.





Any help would be great.





Thank you!



Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia


au.china-embassy.org/eng/ls/default.htm



You can apply in person or by mail(';Only under special situations when you are unable to apply in person'; ). You can also use a travel agent, especially those located in Chinatowns.



Getting a Shenzhen Visa in Australia


Thanks.





Is it possible to get a Visa at the border?





Thank you.




I believe so, at the Lowu/Shenzhen border. do a search on here.




AthlonXP,





Yes it is possible to get one on the border. Two reasons why I wouldn%26#39;t.





[1] You%26#39;ll skip a queue and a wait of possibly up to half an hour.



[2] The border visas are one-time, you may find you want to return (eg if you are having clotes tailored, for example), in which case a 5 day (? I think) will be a lot cheaper.





It may be slightly cheaper. in advance. There is a lot of detail specifically about getting a visa in OZ in some older threads, a search should find them quickly.




%26gt;%26gt;The border visas are one-time, you may find you want to return



A regular visa is also single entry, unless you opt for the double entry which costs ~50% more than a single




Thank you for your reply.





I have decided to get a visa at the border. This is because it allows me to change my itinerary once I arrive in Hong Kong if I wish.





Thanks again.




Check out the website but I understood that you dont need a visa from HK to Shenzhen.





Speak to the people at the Chinese Embassy in Melbourne.





I came thru HK and Shenzhen in July and i thought that there was info about going to Sz for no more than 5 days, no need for a visa but speak to the embassy.




Sorry heshan but you are incorrect. If you are travelling on an Australian passport and going into the Shenzhen SAR you will need to have either a Shenzhen only visa available at the border, or a pre-arranged Chinese visa.



The visa that you get at the border is a single entry visa only and costs around AU$35ish, can%26#39;t recall how much it was in HK$.





vtt.




A Shenzhen visa only allows you to visit the SEZ. You ';can'; be stopped at the border between Shenzhen %26amp; the rest of China if you try to travel further, although I take it you don%26#39;t want to. The regular 30 day visa costs $A50 from the Chinese embassy in Canberra %26amp; takes 3 days (plus postage time)


  • natural beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment