Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Train Travel in China

I am planning to take the overnight train from Shanghai to Beijing. I have read that you can not get tickets until 30 days prior to departure on the Z trains. And the only way to get advanced tickets from abroad is to use one or two on-line services that will get the tickets for you at an additional cost. I am concerned as I do not have flexibility in my date of travel that I may not get the tickets for the date I want.





Does anyone have experience in purchasing tickets on-line 30 days before? Are you assured of getting the tickets you want?





How reliable are train times? Can I plan on going on a tour the day of arrival by train in Beijing - or is that risky as the trains are often late or delayed? I have traveled around Asia enough and missed enough connections to know that nothing is assured in life - but an idea of the general status of the train service would be helpful.





Thank you.





Train Travel in China


Hi there:





The tickets of overnight train from shanghai to beijing, especially for soft sleeper ticket, could be easily purchased at the same day of departure, just go to the ticket office at the shanghai railway station. Easy!





You don%26#39;t need to be worried about beijing-shanghai trains. They operate very on time.





BTW, if you want detailed china train timetable, you can check through www.adventurechinatrip.com/chinatrain.asp.





Good luck:)


  • eyeshadow gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment