Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Should I attempt border crossing Shenzhen to HK on May 3

Hi all,





I am trying to plan my crossing into Hongkong. I would like to know if it makes sense to going to HK by Ferry on May 3rd? I am worried that the border crossing might be the busiest on this day since HK%26#39;s May holiday ends this day instead of on the 7th.





I do have a choice right now of going into Hongkong from Guangzhou by air on May 4th, but I would like to be there for May 3rd if possible.





Please advice.





Thanks,



RLI



Should I attempt border crossing Shenzhen to HK on May 3


As long as you purchase your ferry ticket in advance, I don%26#39;t see any problems otherwise. The good thing about the ferry service is there is always a limited, or set, number of people going on the boat and then across the border so the line can only be so long. On the other hand, the land crossings may receive an undetermined increase in traffic on the peak days, resulting in long lines that can last for an hour, especially for the foreigners holding visas.



Should I attempt border crossing Shenzhen to HK on May 3


Hi Sammyfloyd,





Could you be more specific about the peak days? Am I right that people from HK only have May 1st-3rd off? I should have paid more attention to the news last year for that time period.





Thanks,





RLI




People from HK only has May 1 off. May 2 and May 3 are not public holidays.




Do you mean that you want to travel by ferry from Shekou (about 1 hour from Shenzhen) rather than the land border at Lo Wu?





School %26amp; colleges in China have 7 days holiday but most to the intercity travel happens at the beginning and end of the holiday so the 3rd should be fine. Just allow more time than usual for the border formalities.





It does not seem to be worth flying such a short distance. If you are beginning in Guangzhou and have no particular reason to go via Shenzhen then you could consider leaving China via Zhingshan or Zhuhai ferries also.




The ferry I was thinking of was the Shenzhen ferry that leaves from Fu Yong, near the Shenzhen airport.




Sammyfloyd





Thank you for the clarifications... Now I am not so afraid to travel on the 3rd.





Zhuhai2007





Thank you as well.




HI,



I take the Ferry system from China to HK often and back and forth, I would suggest Shekou Ferry terminal. Usually not big lines on either side of the borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment