Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Salisbury YMCA/Langham Place

I know that these are two very different accommodations. I am currently booked at the Langham Place but after much reading perhaps the location and view of the Salisbury may be better. Please advise.



Laurie



Salisbury YMCA/Langham Place


Hi! my wife and I and my two teenage daughters have just booked our third trip to Hong Kong.The first visit was booked at the Park Hotel,Chatham Rd.Sth. Hotel was O.K.,but the location was not great.This prompted us to try the Salisbury for the second visit,what a difference! The location is faultless,two minutes from the Star ferry,two minutes from Nathan Rd.



The secret at the Salisbury is to book a harbour view room on the highest floor possible (we were on the 14th) the view is to die for and with that view you do not even think about any shortcomings in quality of fittings or service,(not that there were any) We always book our flights and hotel ourselves so that we can pick any particular details ourselves. We spoke direct to Kitty Lo at the Salisbury for this years booking and have two high floor harbour rooms....can%26#39;t wait....good luck and happy holiday.



Salisbury YMCA/Langham Place


Thank you for your information Mel51. This is the tailend of a vacation that starts in Singapore, on to Bali, back to Singapore and finally Hong Kong (3 weeks total). We are a family of 5 (kids are 18, 15 and 10) so we require two hotel rooms. We are staying in 5* accommodation in Singapore so perhaps I should try and save a bit in Hong Kong. I am certainly not used to spending 400.00 to 500.00 Canadian dollars a night on accommodation but as this is a special trip (oldest daughter graduating from highschool and going away to college) we are trying to stay at some nice places.



Any other comments would be appreciated.



Laurie




Just to let you know,I%26#39;ve just dug out my booking confirmation for the %26#39;Y%26#39; and it works out,(harbour view on high floor) at 148 canadian dollars a night per twin room (plus 10% service charge) A great price for the same view as the Peninsula next door which must be at least four times the price!!! Keep the extra money in your pocket it will go a very long way in hong kong!!! P.S. Don%26#39;t miss Temple St, night market whilst you are in H.K. it%26#39;s a real experience.....




Mel51,



How did u booked your stay? did u use their website? Looks like as very good deal. Please advise.



Thanks,



Jay




Hi! In answer to your question, yes, in the first instance I checked availability of the rooms I wanted ,on the dates I needed ,via the web site,I then confirmed by e-mail but I spoke direct to Kitty Ho at the hotel by %26#39;phone to give my credit card details as I%26#39;m still a bit old fashioned about sending financial details via e-mail.



We are flying this time with Oasis Hong Kong to give them a try,I don,t know if you have heard of them,(its a new company), but they are doing flights from London to H.K. for 拢75 gbp. each way,plus taxes,this should turn out to be the cheapest holiday to H.K. ever!!!



( if only I can keep my daughters away from the shops!!!)




My wife and I are staying at the Salisbury YMCA Hotel in Kowloon as I write this, in a harbour view room on the seventh floor. We had reserved a twelfth floor room but it turns out there are no smoking rooms above the seventh floor. Regardless, the view is fantastic as is the location. The 250 square foot rooms are a bit snug, about like a Holiday Inn Express, but the furnishings, cleanliness and amenities are top notch. I booked directly through the Y%26#39;s own web site, and their winter special rate for a harbour view room is US$129. A standard room is US$99. As all the guide books say, this is probably the best hotel value in Hong Kong. If you are not a smoker ask for a high floor for a better view of the 8pm light show.

No comments:

Post a Comment