Thursday, March 29, 2012

Visiting Hainan?

Check this out too



hainandiscovery.com/eng/鈥ights_front.htm



Visiting Hainan?


Erm... what about it?



Visiting Hainan?


Hi, MdmChng





When are you going......I am from singapore too. I am going during School holiday with my children and in law to visit my in laws relative.



(Period: March 2007)




Reply to Alvynvin, I am going before end of this Dec. I browse my tour agency%26#39;s itinery and find that there%26#39;s no Hot Spa, no Pearl Farm Visit and no Wuzhishan Mountain Visit and an island visit around Yalong/Sanya area. and the hotels they offer are 3* only but all meals given. Wish me a pleasant trip, OK? With Tigerairways, I suppose I will stopover Hainan Island anytime and hop over Guangzhou, Hongkong/Shenzhen and Macau. Hope more travel agencies offer much better itineries with all these places included.




Hi, MdmChng





We didn%26#39;t follow any tour agency. I book the airtickets from Tigers and I think my inlaw relative will come and pick us up. I also book the Weika hotel becos my in laws relative stay very near the hotel area - Wenchang.





I hope everythings will be fine for me because I need to bring my two kids (6 %26amp; 2 years) and ';touch wood'; - give me a smooth journey.





Tell me more when you return. This is my first time visit my husband parents hometown.







Regards



Lynn Seah




Hi, all, just came back from Hainan not long ago. Trip was wonderful. Visited my relatives in Wenchang on the Free Day of our tour trip with an agency here. One day free day was very rushed but luckily was very well organised by our Hainan relatives. Their Wenchang Chicken was terrific. Their crabs were fresh from the sea. The meal they prepared for us was really terrific Chinese homestyle cooking. Waika Hotel is very well known in Wenchang



The standard room was only RMB 260 when we were there. Just across the road is a Metropole Hotel where the room rate I saw was RMB 138. If I were not not so fussy next time and only need clean bed and bath, I wouldn%26#39;t mind this hotel next time. And we had a table for ten in this Metrolepole Hotel for ony RMB 150! For 1st timers, it is better to follow a packaged tour preferably a 7 day type.



They have many side tours to the jade, pearl, crystal making , shark liver oil, coconut candy ,coffee/tea fty, chinese medicinal products factories. Just don%26#39;t be tempted to overspend. At Mt Dongshanlin, don%26#39;t ';pick up stick'; and ask the monks there of your destiny, they request you to buy a pair of Giant Joss sticks for RMB 160 per person(That%26#39;s RMB 320 per couple). Luckily we had no more money left. The scenery from the mountain tops here and at the Luhuitou peak was memorable. Sanya beach was very tempting for skin diving which we didn%26#39;t have time to try. On the whole, I will go back to Hainan again but not on tour group anymore. The room rates and Chinese seafood meals are terribly cheap






Hi Folks !



We are a two grandparents from Devon, England, visiting our daughter, son-in-law, and baby boy of one year, who are in Xian. The five of us are interested in flying to from Xian to Hainan, and staying for a week or ten days, in March.



We would like a small guesthouse, somewhere by a beach, preferably quiet, and importantly, not very expensive.



Does such a place exist ?



Would mosquitos be a problem ?



Thankyou for any advice !




JackieofDevon:





On Hainan there are no guesthouses like you wish, only hotels. If you are living in Britain, I dont think you will feel comfortable at Hainan, esp. not at the beaches-areas. There is no interesting there if you are used to travel. At night-time, you better stay in the hotels, no bars, no restaurants, no people outside. No shops, no amusement.





The beaches are ok, nothing more. You have to rely on taxis if you have to move from one place to another in evenings and nights. The taxidrivers dont speak anything but Mandarin.





Some foreigners complain about these things. Frankly spoken, Hainan is meant for Chinese ( and some Russians).





One good thing: The climate.





Price-level: In Sanya city (30-40 min with taxi) its low. At the luxury-hotels at the beaches: 3-4 times higher than in Britain.


  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment