Thursday, March 29, 2012

Need Good Advice - Li River Cruise

Hi Everybody,





Most likely I have a chance to visit Guilin in April. The main reason I want to go there is Guilin has most beautiful scenery when we take Li river cruise.





Things which need your good advice and recs are as follows:





-where and what hotel I should take so it will be easy for me to start cruise?





-how long does it take to finish the cruise?





-does the cruise have only one route or does it have several ones?





-if it has more than one route, then which route has the most beautiful scenery?





-what is the best way to have a cruise with more privacy because from some reviews it is like parade boats and crowded as well.





-how to get a cruise with an old-fashioned boat rowed by an old man with traditional hat as shown on many photos of Guilin.





For me it is not necessary to take long cruise with many people and to see many things. The thing I want the most is just sitting on an old boat sailing with slow speed, get relax, seeing and feeling the beauty surrounds me.





I believe your advices will make my wish comes true.





Thank you.







Regards,



Picar



Need Good Advice - Li River Cruise


It sounds like you should be considering the smaller and shorter cruise between Yangshuo and Xingping (IIRC) instead of the Li River cruise.



You have my email, let me know if you want some candid photos taken when I was in Yangshuo in September last year. Also take a good look at http://www.yangers.com if you haven%26#39;t done so already.



Need Good Advice - Li River Cruise


To Ellyse,





Thank you for your info. Can you let me have more advices about shorter cruise.





Thank you again.





Picar




As I said, please take a look at the website I provided above. Alf the webmaster is the person to ask if you%26#39;ve any specific queries.



I%26#39;ve received your email and replied with the photos. I%26#39;m sorry I don%26#39;t have more, but I didn%26#39;t have a digicam when I visited, those photos are from my travel companion.




Wow, Ellyse! Thank you, thank you. This cruise sounds fantastic!





Susan




No problem, glad to be of help. :)




hello, if you want to do li river cruise, you should stay in Guilin, not in Yangshuo, as only in Guilin city you can cruise Li river from Zhujiang dock of Guilin to Yangshuo, guide will meet you at 8 in your hotel and will pick u up to the dock at about 9 am, the boat leave for yangshuo at about 9: 30, the best landscape section is from Guilin to Yangshuo. so it is must-visit, although many tourists say it is too commercial. I am local of this area. it is hard to get a private boat as most tourits take big boat, it is hard to look for a boat with old man with traditional hat as shown on many photos, you should contact local for the small boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment