Monday, April 16, 2012

Waiting at the Arrivals Lounge

So, I was just wondering if there is much of anything to do in the arrival lounge at HKG. My fiancee and I will arrive on two separate flights, me at 6pm and her at 9pm. I%26#39;d like to be there waiting for her when she arrives. After that, we plan on taking a hotel limo to the Island Shang.

Any place good to relax and get refreshed there? I%26#39;ll be coming off a 15 hour direct flight, so I probably won%26#39;t be feeling too great.

Waiting at the Arrivals Lounge

What airline are you on? When you say arrival lounge, do you mean airline lounges? Airline lounges are generally not acessible to arriving passengers unless they are on a transfer flight.

If you just mean the terminal itself, there are some shopping and food options. I don%26#39;t believe there%26#39;d be anything particularly interesting to see.

Waiting at the Arrivals Lounge

I didn%26#39;t mean an actual airline lounge, just the area after customs and baggage claim. I should have just said arrivals area, but for some reason that other phrase stuck in my mind.

Anyway,I hear there%26#39;s free Wi-fi, but do you know if are there available power outlets in that area? I%26#39;m thinking my batteries might be drained after the flight.


There are free Internet terminals throughout the airport, some of which are listed here;

hongkongairport.com/eng/鈥ele_inte.htm

There are others dotted around although most are airside.


take your time once you get off the flight because once you are through customs there are places to eat and sit but thats it idea is to get people in and out fast

just pray your flight is a little late in to delay the waiting time

freshen up when you get off not once you are through

enjoy!


not much after arrivals hall except a very busy Macdonalds and one Irish pub (I think).


Actually, in terms of places to eat or just sit around and get a drink, there are a lot of choices now. Some of them are on the arrivals floor while others are on the departure floor so be sure to check out both places to find a comfortable spot. There are also magazines and bookstores and other somewhat overpriced shopping options. There is also free Wi-fi available. See the link below.

hongkongairport.com/bo_download/鈥ndex.htm

I was there the other night to pick up somebody, and HK is actually one of the nicer airports to sit around and wait.


i totally agree wqith sammy hong kong airport is one of the cleanest and best in the world

i love people watching so standing for an hour or so isnt too bad especially when waiting for someone you car eabout

enjoy the experince and watch people reactions to others arriving its a treat

  • How to keep a duvet cover on a down comforter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment