Monday, April 16, 2012

Better Time to Go to Hongkong - APRIL 14-17 VS. MAY 3-6

Hi all,





I am stuck between going to Hong Kong either during the Canton Fair or during the Golden Week.





Please let me know which week is better or cheaper to go. I am given the impression from some of the guidebooks that the hotels might be more expensive/more booked during the Canton Fair.





Please help.





Thanks in advance.





RLI



Better Time to Go to Hongkong - APRIL 14-17 VS. MAY 3-6


I think it%26#39;s better to go in April since the HK hotels will be crowded with mainland Chinese tourists during the May holiday.



Better Time to Go to Hongkong - APRIL 14-17 VS. MAY 3-6


I would disagree with the previous post. April %26#39;s hotels in HK are the most expensive and October.... during the year for HK %26#39;s hotels.





In fact, I don%26#39;t even know if you are going to be successful in getting any ';decent%26#39; hotels now if you haven%26#39;t booked yet.





There are FAR more people in April for conventions, and exhibits and Easter holiday, and for the Canton Fair than May%26#39;s golden week.





May%26#39;s golden week is not so ';golden'; anymore. There are a lot of choices for Mainlanders now that are more interesting than HK. Of course it%26#39;s still a little surge during the first 10 days of May and October and CNY of mainlanders, but it%26#39;s not a big deal anymore. I think everyday I see alot of mainlanders around HK.





What%26#39;s MOST important is: the hotel rankings. 2-3 star hotels will be more booked and expensive during May b/c most mainlanders tourst and groups book these type of hotels.





5 star hotels are rarely used by these groups.





A lot of the business hotels will also be fine.





So May is a better time, in my opinion.




Oops. Didn%26#39;t know about April as popular convention month in HK....good to know the next time I return.




Thank you both for the quick reply.





I guess I am going for May then.

No comments:

Post a Comment