Monday, April 16, 2012

Hu Tong Restaurant - Some questions

HI! We will be in HongKong from 15th to 19th of Feb. We will be staying at the Marco Polo HongKong Hotel. I%26#39;ve read in a couple of recommendations about the Hu Tong Restaurant and I%26#39;d like to go and check it out. Some questions though:

1. Location- is it right across Marco Polo HK Hotel? I%26#39;m not sure if the map and address I have is correct. It says One Peking Road. Is that the name of the building?

2. i will be travelling with my 84 year old Chinese grandmother. I understand they have a live band playing traditional chinese instruments. Would the music be traditional as well? or Will it be loud and young-ish?

3. Is it a family type resto? will also have my 2 year old toddler and 8 month old baby with me. Or Is this a fine dining resto that other customers will frown upon if we make noise/mess? Is it best to leave kids with nanny at the hotel?

4. How much should we expect to spend per person?

Thank you very much!

Hu Tong Restaurant - Some questions

Yes, the building is called One Peking Road. The building itself IS across MPHK hotel, however, the entrance is on the other side. (opposite side of the building).

The restaurant in my opinion is not a family style one. Just my opinion though.

Per person, at least $ 300-$ 500 depending on what you order.

Last time I asked, they said there is a minimum spending per person $ 300 HKD which is easily done with their menu.

Hu Tong Restaurant - Some questions

Thanks KateTam! Ok, maybe we shouldn%26#39;t go there then. Can you please suggest good family style Chinese restaurants near MPHK?We already plan to eat in Spring Deer, Chook Yuen, and Yung Kee. Any other suggestions? Will we be able to see the light show from Peninsula lobby? I hear the ice cream is yummy. Or would Intercontinental be a better choice?


The lobby at the Peninsula cannot see the lightshow. You should go have a drink at the lobby of the Intercontinetal Hotel instead. The harbour view is absolutely spectacular from there.


Thanks Sammyfloyd! Will definitely follow your advice. Do we have to make reservations for that? I will be with my grandma who is 84 years old and with my baby and toddler. Not sure if Avenue of Stars is crowded or not. So I don%26#39;t want to risk it. I want them to be as comfortable as possible :-)

  • eye blush
  • get pregnant advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment