Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good Hotels in Beijing

Hi everybody,





I am Picar from Indonesia.





In the beginning of May 2007 I will visit China. This would be my ever first time in China. The purpose of visit is for business and holiday. One of several cities which I will visit to is Beijing.





Now, I need true guidances from all of you for choosing a hotel in Beijing. I will spend 5 days in Beijing. My budget for the hotel is 3 or 4 star hotels.





So, please let me know some hotels which located near to to Tiananmen Square and Wangfujing area as well.





Actually, I have already look into the review of hotels from TripAdvisor Foruma and their review too. However, I am really confused because some gives very good review and others said very bad review to the same hotel.





Therefore, please let me have your advices, helps and recommendation for some hotels in Beijing.





Your feedback is highly appreciated.





Thank you.







Kind regards,



Picar





Good Hotels in Beijing


I would personally recommend Tang Yue Hotel (3*) and Kapok Hotel (4* standard) located outside the east gate of Forbidden City, close to both Tiananmen Square and Wangfujing. They%26#39;re located beside each other, very new and have English-speaking staff.



Good Hotels in Beijing


For Ellyse,





Thank you for your advice. I will look into those hotels recommended by you.





By the way, I already sent an e-mail to you. Did you receive it? If not please let me know as I am waiting for your more advices and help.





Regards,



Picar




Yes, I have. Please be patient, I get about 10-20 emails each day which need replying, and I prefer to give answers which are more well-thought-out instead of lousy run-of-the-mill ones.




To Ellyse,





So sorry. Not knowing you have many answers to send. I will be waiting for your reply to my e-mail.





By the way, I have some questions which quite bother me and might change significantly my schedule:





*is it true that it is national holiday from 1st May - 7th May?





*Will shops, malls, tourist places, places for buying air/train/bus tickets be closed?





Thank you.







Regards,



Picar




It%26#39;s ok, you%26#39;re hardly to blame. I was just trying to explain to you why I haven%26#39;t replied yet, I didn%26#39;t mean to come across as rude or arrogant, I%26#39;m sorry if I did.



1) Yes, it%26#39;s Labour Day holiday week from 1-7/5. Most Chinese citizens would take this opportunity to travel for leisure, thus resulting in less discounts for accommodation and flights, sold-out (and thus difficult to get) trains, excessive crowds everywhere with people stepping on your toes and elbowing you in your ribs -- and China has a huge population. Not the best time to be travelling in China, especially if it%26#39;s your 1st trip. You already have enough to deal with as it is with culture shock and language barriers.



2) Shopping malls, tourist sights and ticketing places would hardly be closed, they would have to be mad to do so and miss out on all the business. However you%26#39;re well-advised to book your accommodation and transport tickets well in advance or risk being stranded and having to buy the most expensive ie non-discounted tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment